Wednesday 28 May 2014

The Great Bell Chant - The End of Suffering



Chanted by brother Pháp Niệm, read by the Venerable Vietnamese Zen Buddhist Master Thich Nhất Hanh, Plum Village

Lắng lòng nghe, lắng lòng nghe.
Tiếng chuông huyền diệu đưa về nhất tâm.


May the sound of this bell penetrate deeply into the cosmos
even in the darkest spots, living beings are able to hear it clearly
so that all suffering in them cease
understanding comes to their hearts,
and they transcend the path of sorrow and death.

Ba nghiệp lắng thanh tịnh, gửi lòng theo tiếng chuông
Nguyện người nghe tỉnh thức, vượt thoát nẻo đau buồn.


The universal Dharma door is already open. The sound of the rising tide is heard clearly.
the miracle happens, a beautiful child appears in the heart of lotus flower.
one singer drop of this compassionate water is enough to bring back the refreshing spring to our mountains and rivers.

Nghe chuông phiền não tan mây khói... ý lặng thân an miệng mỉm cười
Hơi thở nương chuông về chánh niệm
Vườn tâm hoa tuệ nở xinh tươi.


Listening to the bell, I feel the afflictions in me begin to dissolve.
My mind calm, my body relax. A smile is born on my lips.
following the sound of the bell, my breath bring me back to the safe island of mindfulness.
In the garden of my heart, the flower of peace blooms beautifully.

Phổ Môn vọng tiếng triều dâng
Bé thơ xuất hiện giữa lòng đóa sen
Cam lồ một giọt rưới lên, xuân về trên khắp mọi miền núi sông.
Lắng lòng nghe, lắng lòng nghe
Tiếng chuông huyền diệu đưa về nhất tâm.