Sunday 5 September 2010

Canoe in the Mist



That photograph says more about me than any words of description could.... It speaks of, and to, the very depths of my soul. It speaks of my deepest connections and my deepest desires. It speaks of the deepest hopes of my life. It speaks of my deepest truth. It speaks of silence, simplicity, and solitude. And yes, to me it even speaks of a certain uncertainty (what an ironic phrase that), and of traveling through life lightly and with a hand that holds lightly, not grasping.... To me it even speaks of the impermanence of all things, arising, "blooming," and fading away on their own....

    Go quietly, carry little.

I believe that:

-Love is ultimately all that matters in this world, and

-The present moment is all that is....

LOVE. Love your partner, your spouse, your lover. Love your kids. Love them desperately, love them completely. Give yourself to love. Love all beings as much as you can. You will love imperfectly. You will fail. Sometimes you will fail so badly as to find hate in yourself. It is there. But love, and love again.

Do it today. Repeat for as long as you breathe. I believe nothing else ultimately matters.

from a lover of the wilderness, a lover of the silence...